When you're car shopping for a reliable sedan, you will see the 2019 Chevrolet Malibu
and the 2019 Toyota Camry come up. Both are popular cars that receive rave reviews from Crestview-area drivers and the top auto industry experts. We'll compare the Chevy Malibu vs. Toyota Camry to see which is better in terms of price, performance, and interior technologies.
Chevy Malibu vs. Toyota Camry: Performance
When it comes to performance, both cars will make you excited to drive them down the Milton-area roads. The new Camry does have a slight edge over the new Chevy Malibu
when it comes to their engine performance, but they're both pretty equal in fuel efficiency.
- 2019 Chevrolet Malibu: The new Malibu comes equipped with a 15.L turbo four-cylinder engine that delivers 160 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque. It's paired with a continuously variable transmission. Drivers can expect an EPA-estimated 29 mpg/city and 36 mpg/highway fuel economy.
- 2019 Toyota Camry: The Camry offers a 2.5L four-cylinder that produces 203 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque. It's paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. The Camry has an EPA-estimated 29 mpg/city and 41 mpg/highway fuel economy.
The Camry does have a slight edge with its engine performance, but the new Malibu has a starting price of $22,090 MSRP, less than the Camry's $23,945 MSRP.
Chevy Malibu vs. Toyota Camry: Interior
Whether you're going on long car rides with friends or running errands in the Niceville-area, you want a sedan that's roomy and comfortable. You can expect more room for your five passengers in the new Malibu:
2019 Chevrolet Malibu Interior Dimension:
- Front Headroom: 39.1 inches
- Front Legroom: 41.5 inches
- Second Headroom: 37.5 inches
- Second Legroom: 38.1 inches
2019 Toyota Camry Interior Dimensions:
- Front Headroom: 38 inches
- Front Legroom: 42.1 inches
- Second Headroom: 38 inches
- Second Legroom: 38 inches
Chevy Malibu vs. Toyota Camry: Technologies
When it comes to entertainment and safety technology
, the 2019 Malibu is the clear winner. While both sedans offer features that keep you connected and protected while on the roads in Crestview, the Camry can't beat what the Malibu has to offer. Features you won't find in the new Camry include:
- Keyless Open and Start
- Steering Wheel-Mounted Controls
- OnStar® and Chevrolet Connected Services Capable
- Rear Seat Reminder
- Rear Vision Camera
- StabiliTrak Electronic Stability Control System with Traction Control
- Six-Speaker Audio System
- Six-Way Manual Driver and Front Passenger Seat
- Chevrolet Infotainment 3 System
- Eight-Inch Diagonal Color Touchscreen Display
Test Drive the Chevy Malibu at Leson Chevrolet
The Chevy Malibu beats the new Camry in terms of price, interior space, and technologies. If you agree, it's time to get behind the wheel of this head-turning sedan at Leson Chevrolet! Contact us
online with any questions. Be sure to ask about our current vehicle specials
so you can get your dream car for less!