2019 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
The 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 can tow up to 12,200 lbs when properly equipped, giving you the strength and power you need to get the job done in Billings. Check out all the capabilities and towing features of this impressive truck, and test drive yours today at Rimrock GMC Cadillac!
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
This powerful pickup has what you need to get things done in Salt Lake City, especially when paired with a 6.2L V8 engine and Max Trailering Package. The Sierra 1500 towing capacity reaches up to 12,200 lbs, with the Crew Cab option towing 6,500-12,100 lbs and the Double Cab towing 6,600-12,200 lbs. Explore all the Sierra styles and power options:
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Trim levels and accessories options
- Cab Style: Crew Cab or Double Cab
This truck features an available ProGrade Trailering system that utilizes high-resolution cameras paired with smartphone apps and infotainment display to give you better visibility than ever before when towing in Salt Lake City. Take care of business when you use:
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: Includes features like pre-departure checklists, programmable trailer brake settings, Trailer Theft Detection, and more.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Using the app you can now test your trailer lights even when you are by yourself.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: A dynamic grid line and zoom capability allow for precise hitching.
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
- Trailering Camera Package: Change lanes and reverse easier with two side-view mirrors paired with a trailer-mounted camera for even more visibility.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: Electronic Parking Brake automatically sets when you put the truck in Park to avoid rolling while reversing using Hitch View.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: Adjusts the transmission shift points, throttle mapping, and StabiliTrak depending on which drive mode you select.
- Max Trailering Package: Get the most out of your truck with 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, enhanced cooling radiator, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Manipulate and monitor your trailer brakes using control buttons on the center console.
Find the Perfect Pickup at Rimrock GMC Cadillac
Ready to see why the Sierra 1500 bests competitors like the Chevy Silverado? Take a test drive of this impressive truck, and explore everything it has to offer when you visit Rimrock GMC Cadillac today!