How Does an Oil Change Work?
Regularly changing your car’s oil is critical to the health of the vehicle. Find out how it works in this guide:
- Engine oil keeps the many parts in your engine running smoothly and prevents overheating.
- Over time, the oil becomes dirty and becomes ineffective.
- To replace the oil, a qualified technician will first drain the old oil.
- Before new oil is added, the oil filter will need to be replaced. It removes deposits that build up over time.
- The person replacing your oil will then add 4-6 quarts of fresh oil, and you’re good to go!
Why Should You Regularly Change Your Oil?
If New Orleans drivers don’t change their oil at recommended intervals, they run the risk of the following:
- Overheating – Clean oil creates less friction, and therefore less heat.
- Engine Failure – If you wait too long, your engine could seize up. In addition, it’s harder on your engine components.
- Poor Efficiency – Old oil results in lower fuel economy numbers.
Visit Leson Chevrolet for an Oil Change
At Leson Chevrolet in Harvey, LA, you can schedule service online and receive a quick, low-cost oil change. We recommend it before you head out on an epic road trip. Our service specials cover some of our most popular services, and you can contact us at 877-496-2420 with any oil change questions.