What Vehicle Maintenance Should I Do Before Going on a Road Trip?
Every road trip planner should take care of these maintenance tasks before hitting the road:
- Engine Oil – An oil change is particularly important before a road trip, as your car is under more stress during that time.
- Battery – If your car begins to have trouble starting, it could be a sign that the battery is on its last legs. Stop by the service department at Leson Chevrolet for a free battery test.
- Antifreeze Level – Running low on coolant can cause your car to overheat, which is a common problem during Matairie summers.
- Tires – Before you make a playlist of road trip songs, check the air pressure and overall tire condition to make sure they’ll make the trip. In addition, you’ll want to have a spare tire and jack with you in case of tire puncture.
- Wipers – Summer storms can happen suddenly in Gretna/Harvey, so windshield wipers in good condition are key.
Whether you’re heading on a cross country road trip or a short trip to New Orleans, keeping up with these routine services will ensure a safe journey.
Turn to Leson Chevrolet for Service
Ready to hit the road? Stop by Leson Chevrolet for service today, or give us a call at (877) 496-2420 with any questions.