What Vehicle Maintenance Should I Do Before Going on a Road Trip?
Every road trip planner should take care of these maintenance tasks before hitting the road:
- Engine Oil – An oil change is particularly important before a road trip, as your car is under more stress during that time.
- Battery – If your car begins to have trouble starting, it could be a sign that the battery is on its last legs. Learn how to jump start your car battery, and stop by the service department at Leson Chevrolet for a free battery test.
- Antifreeze Level – Running low on coolant can cause your car to overheat, which is a common problem during Metairie summers.
- Tires – Before you make a playlist of road trip songs, check the air pressure and overall tire condition to make sure they’ll make the trip. In addition, you’ll want to have a spare tire and jack with you in case of tire puncture.
- Wipers – Summer storms can happen suddenly in Harvey, so windshield wipers in good condition are key.
Turn to Leson Chevrolet for Service
Ready to hit the road? Stop by Leson Chevrolet for service today, or give us a call at (877) 496-2420 with any questions.