When to Get Car Maintenance
Following these simple maintenance tips can reduce the risk of expensive repairs and even extend the life of your car:
- Get an oil change at your vehicle’s recommended interval.
- Keep up with routine services.
- Download an app like Road Trip to track maintenance.
- Replace your timing belt every 60,000 miles.
- If your vehicle is showing any major warning signs, or if your check engine light is on, take it to a certified service center in Harvey, LA for a thorough inspection.
Learn How to Self-Inspect Your Car
Routinely inspecting your vehicle can help spot small problems before they become serious. Be sure to check out the following areas:
- Monitor fluids like oil, steering fluid, coolant, antifreeze, and wiper fluid.
- Check your tires for low pressure and signs of wear.
- Keep an ear out for any out-of-place engine sounds like clunking or groaning.
- Test your car battery and clean the terminals.
- See if your cabin air filter and engine air filter are dirty.