How To Do A Tire Rotation
Tire rotation is important, whether you’re driving in Metairie or Westbank. While you can get your tires rotated at the Leson Chevrolet service department, you can save time when you know how to rotate tires at home. It’s not difficult when you learn how to do a tire rotation with Leson Chevy.
How To Rotate Tires At Home Based On Drivetrain
Tires in Gretna and New Orleans wear differently based on whether you have all-wheel-drive, front-wheel-drive, or rear-wheel-drive. This means you need to know how to do a tire rotation that works best for your car’s drivetrain:
- For AWD vehicles, move your tires one clockwise rotation. The front driver’s side will go to the front passenger’s side, while the front passenger side moves to the rear passenger side.
- For FWD models, move the rear tires to the front and flip them. The left rear tire should go on the right front wheel. When you move the front tires to the back, keep them on the same side.
- For RWD vehicles, move the front tires to the back and flip them. The left front should go on the right rear wheel. When you move the back tires to the front, keep them on the same side.
How To Rotate Tires At Home
It’s easy to rotate your tires at home in Marrero. Here’s how:
- Engage your parking brake.
- Loosen the lug nuts on all four wheels, but don’t take them all the way off.
- Lift up one wheel with a car jack and place the jack stand underneath it.
- Remove the tires and take this time to make sure they are filled to the optimal tire pressure. Once filled, you can rotate them according to the appropriate pattern for your drivetrain. Place the tire back onto the wheel mount and screw the lug nuts on by hand as far as you can.
- Lower the car from the jack stands and use the lug wrench to finish tightening the nuts. Work the lug nuts diagonally from one to another in a star pattern to ensure even tightening.
Get Your Tires Rotated At Leson Chevrolet!
If you’re not a fan of DIY car projects, or you’re short on time, the Leson Chevrolet service department is here to help! Schedule service with our convenient online form, and we’ll include a tire rotation in our express service package. Whether you opt to learn how to rotate tires at home, or let our service professionals do the job, just make sure you keep your tires rotated and stay safe!
More From Leson Chevrolet Company, Inc.
Looking for a colorful and capacious new compact SUV around Harvey or Gretna? There’s hardly a better option than the 2021 Chevrolet Equinox! With tons of space and interior colors to choose from, the 2021 Chevy Equinox should be on the very top of your SUV shortlist. Learn more about the Chevrolet Equinox interior below…
Lots of people buy things based on recommendations from friends or family. But what if you don’t know anyone with a three-row crossover, or more specifically, a Chevy Traverse, but nevertheless, are interested in learning more about this Chevy midsize SUV? It’s time to consider what the experts have to say! Hence, our 2021 Chevrolet…
There are four unique 2021 Chevy Equinox trim levels, and each one offers more amazing features than the next! So if you’ve been wondering which of the Chevy Equinox trims best meets your Gretna needs, wonder no more. Just read Leson Chevrolet Company, Inc.’s handy guide to the 2021 Equinox trims & prices below. Still have lingering questions…