How To Do A Tire Rotation
Tire rotation is important, whether you’re driving in Metairie or Westbank. While you can get your tires rotated at the Leson Chevrolet service department, you can save time when you know how to rotate tires at home. It’s not difficult when you learn how to do a tire rotation with Leson Chevy.
How To Rotate Tires At Home Based On Drivetrain
Tires in Gretna and New Orleans wear differently based on whether you have all-wheel-drive, front-wheel-drive, or rear-wheel-drive. This means you need to know how to do a tire rotation that works best for your car’s drivetrain:
- For AWD vehicles, move your tires one clockwise rotation. The front driver’s side will go to the front passenger’s side, while the front passenger side moves to the rear passenger side.
- For FWD models, move the rear tires to the front and flip them. The left rear tire should go on the right front wheel. When you move the front tires to the back, keep them on the same side.
- For RWD vehicles, move the front tires to the back and flip them. The left front should go on the right rear wheel. When you move the back tires to the front, keep them on the same side.
How To Rotate Tires At Home
It’s easy to rotate your tires at home in Marrero. Here’s how:
- Engage your parking brake.
- Loosen the lug nuts on all four wheels, but don’t take them all the way off.
- Lift up one wheel with a car jack and place the jack stand underneath it.
- Remove the tires and take this time to make sure they are filled to the optimal tire pressure. Once filled, you can rotate them according to the appropriate pattern for your drivetrain. Place the tire back onto the wheel mount and screw the lug nuts on by hand as far as you can.
- Lower the car from the jack stands and use the lug wrench to finish tightening the nuts. Work the lug nuts diagonally from one to another in a star pattern to ensure even tightening.
Get Your Tires Rotated At Leson Chevrolet!
If you’re not a fan of DIY car projects, or you’re short on time, the Leson Chevrolet service department is here to help! Schedule service with our convenient online form, and we’ll include a tire rotation in our express service package. Whether you opt to learn how to rotate tires at home, or let our service professionals do the job, just make sure you keep your tires rotated and stay safe!
More From Leson Chevrolet Company, Inc.
The truck life in Metairie and New Orleans demands a pickup truck that can handle the turf. That’s why we’re big fans of the 2020 Chevy Silverado, which combines Chevy engineering with the power you need to get through Marrero comfortably. Leson Chevrolet is going to walk you through the Chevy Silverado price and point…
Searching for a new truck near New Orleans that’s capable of almost anything you throw its way? Maybe you’re more interested in finding the most luxurious pickup available. Either way, the new Chevy Silverado 1500 delivers. Equal parts powerful, capable, and refined, the new Silverado comes in eight unique configurations, ensuring there’s one that’s right…
The Chevy Equinox is very popular with our customers at Leson Chevrolet. Who can blame them? Who wouldn’t want to be seen behind the wheel of this gorgeous SUV, cruising through Harvey? We love the Chevrolet Equinox interior features, and the wide choice of 2020 Chevy Equinox colors that are available provide an option for anyone’s taste. Let’s talk…